Moissanite is a gemstone that has been gaining popularity in the past few decades. However, many people are unsure of how to choose the right moissanite jewellery for themselves or their loved ones. In this blog post, we will be teaching you what to look for when purchasing moissanite jewellery so that you can find something that suits your needs and budget!
Understand The Different Types of Moissanite Jewellery:
When shopping for moissanite jewelry, you should know how to identify the different types of the gemstone. The most common type is high-quality laboratory-created moissanite that has been cut in a way that creates beautiful flashes and sparkles resembling diamonds. When it comes to colour, these lab-made gems come in white or near-colourless shades.
As a more famous alternative, you might also find moissanite that is mined from outer space. These gems are rarer than lab-created stones because they only come from meteorites that have fallen to earth – and how often does that happen? It can be difficult to distinguish between these two types of moissanite jewellery without an expert’s eye, so it can be beneficial to ask for assistance when purchasing moissanite jewellery.
Consider The Size Hile Buying Jewellery:
When choosing a moissanite ring, always make sure that you choose the correct size. Moissanites are usually available in sizes between five and eight (in some cases nine). If you have smaller hands or fingers, it is best to stick to rings with smaller stones – they will be much easier for your fingers to carry without making them look bulky.
If you have larger hands or fingers, then it is best to opt for bigger stones as they enable your hand to look more dainty and lady-like. However, make sure that the size of the moissanite stone does not overpower your other features, such as how a large ring will overwhelm petite face shapes found in people with round or square faces.
Keep in mind how big your other pieces of jewellery are when buying a moissanite ring as well – if you have lots of dainty chains around your neck, then it is best to stick to smaller stones for the rings so that they do not appear too bulky and intimidating. However, if you have a more simple style and wear minimal jewellery, it is best to opt for bigger stones as they enable your hand to look more dainty and lady-like.
Know Your Budget And What You Can Afford:
When buying a piece of moissanite jewellery, it is best to set yourself a budget so that you do not go overboard and try to get something too expensive or out of your price range. If the ring costs more than $600, then think carefully about how much you can afford to spend as this will determine how big the stone is. If you know how much you can afford to spend, then it is best to set your budget at least $500 as this will give you a good range of moissanite rings from which to choose.
- Know Types of Moissanite: There are three types of moissanite, and each one has its own different properties.
- Oval cut moissanite has a more unique look to it and also resembles how an emerald looks when compared to diamonds, so this may be the best choice if you’re planning on getting an engagement ring that your partner will love since they won’t have seen anything like it!
- Pear cut moissanite is a great option for those looking to add something more unique and different to their jewellery pieces. This cut looks similar to how an emerald would look, but since it’s not symmetrical, the gems have two pointed corners rather than one; therefore, this shape has its own charm that is very different to how a diamond would look.
- Round cut moissanite has the simple and classic look of how diamonds usually do, so if you’re looking for something that is more similar in appearance to how a diamond looks like then this may be the best choice for you! However, since it does lack some uniqueness compared to how the other cuts would look, it is one of the less popular as a result.
- The cushion-cut has long and large corners that slant inward to form a point at its tip which gives this shape a unique appearance compared to how diamonds usually get; therefore, some people love how different the moissanite jewellery looks when in such a cut.
- Get an idea of what design style suits you best: Whether you look good in traditional designs or modern ones, moissanite jewellery is always a great choice to go with. You can check different designs of how many styles the jewellery comes in and then base your purchase on how you look good, how much you like it or how suitable the design will be to an occasion. Moreover, consider how much you would like to spend on the jewellery.
- Choose between loose stones or fitted ones: There are two different options you can choose when it comes to purchasing moissanite jewellery. You decide on whether you want loose stones that come in a setting of your choice or if you prefer fitted ones that have been made for the piece that has already been designed by experts. Of course, both choices will look beautiful and offer great value but how you decide on how to go depends entirely on your personal preference and what you can afford. You can visit jewellery stores and consult with experts on how to choose what is best for you.
Conclusion: Learning how to find the perfect moissanite jewellery can be challenging, especially for someone who does not have much experience in doing so. But it doesn’t have to be difficult if we know what important things need to consider while shopping. All in all, it is important that you purchase a product that will meet your expectations and what will make you feel good!