Jeeps are beloved for many reasons, one of the main reasons being their versatility and ease of customization. Jeep owners know that their Jeep will be ready to roll no matter what conditions the day brings. One of the first things you may want to consider after making your investment in the vehicle itself is whether you want a hardtop or soft top. There are a variety of Jeep Wrangler soft tops for sale that come with their own set of benefits.
Benefits of Switching to Soft Top for Jeeps
Jeeps are all about having fun. So, any way to make life a lark — whether you’re driving to work or out on the trail — will only add to your enjoyment. Switching from a hardtop to a soft top could make life easier and more fun in several ways.
- A soft top is more flexible than a hardtop. A soft top can be folded up and stored in small spaces, even in the Jeep itself, when it’s not in use. Unlike a hardtop, you don’t need a big area in your garage to keep your soft top.
- A soft top is typically much less expensivethan a hardtop. Soft tops come in varying degrees of quality and price tags to match. If you’re on a tight budget, you can find a soft top for Jeep Wrangler for as little as $200.
- A soft top offers many more options than a hardtop. You can find soft tops that are multifunctional; they can be arrayed to allow as little or as much ventilation as you want.
- A soft top is more convenient than a hardtop. When you have a soft top, you know you’ll have an easier time adjusting the top as conditions change. Whether sunny, warm weather or dark and snowy, your top will be easy to remove and easy to replace.
Best Soft Top Materials for Jeeps
As a Jeep CJ5 owner, you may be surprised to find that you have several choices of material when choosing the perfect soft top for you. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks; it really just depends on the life you lead and how the Jeep enhances your lifestyle.
- Jeep soft tops were initially made from vinyl, which has proven to be durable yet inexpensive fabric. Many people prefer vinyl for its smoothness, sheen and ease of cleaning. It’s also the lightest weight of other soft top materials.
- Denimis a bit heavier than vinyl. This rugged fabric is partially made of vinyl and holds up well to all weather and UV rays.
- If you’re looking for a heavier, higher-quality fabric for your soft top, sailclothis an excellent choice. It’s not only better for standing up to all types of weather, but it’s also a great noise reducer.
- Twill is the top-of-the-line soft top fabric. It beats all the others in durability, while it’s actually more malleable than sailcloth. It’s also superior in all-weather insulation and noise reduction. If your Jeep is your primary vehicle, it’s definitely worth investing a bit more for twill.
When you’re ready to set out on your next adventure with your Jeep, look for a prominent online seller of Jeep gear. There you’ll find a variety of soft tops and other CJ5 parts for sale.